During a group show, I present your book, along with other artists books, to art producers and creatives. The show is catered and has a sign in sheet to get info on who attended. The goal of a portfolio show is to get your work in front of creatives whom you might not otherwise be able to get in front of and to get feedback on your book.
Often creatives and producers feel more comfortable giving feedback when the artist isn’t present. I also tend to get a genuine reaction from the creatives when I sit back and let them go through the portfolios without anyone hovering over them.
- Portfolio Shows
- Organize and facilitate shows at agencies
- Create and deliver pdf invites
- Provide catering for the show
- Retain contact info of who attended the show
- Relay any feedback on portfolio/work